Our Personal Development Programs are designed to give girls an in-depth understanding and resources on self and how their emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual health contributes to their overall well-being. We provide programming that encourages girls to care for their individual selves and the importance of self-care. Our programs are designed to equip girls with the recourses needed in building their individual selves and their various communities.
We help girls identify their individual voices and how to use their voices effectively in creating and manifesting changes within their communities. We equip girls with transferable skills to help them reach their personal goals in life. Our programs are built to build self-esteem and confidence among our girls and to create bonds between each other by creating a safe and nurturing space that cultivates growth. We hope that every girl knows the leader within her as an expression of her wholeness, her values, and her strengths.
WHY IS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT IMPORTANT?
- Many girls face mental health challenges: Young people between 15 and 24 years are more likely to report experiencing mental illness and or substance use than other groups. Studies showed that the risk of mental health challenges increases between 16-17 years and 18-21 especially among females.
- It supports girls to develop resilience: Families, friends, and schools all play an important role in teaching girls to identify the factors that put them at risks such as peer pressure and challenges with self-regulation. Research shows that youth who learn adaptive emotional regulation strategies are able to maintain good relationships, grades, and overall wellbeing.
- It builds self-esteem: our personal development training programs give girls overall understanding of self and are supported through their growth and independence. Supporting young people to make positive choices means helping them build on their personal strengths and try new things in safe ways.
- Girls have developed a healthy understanding and love of selves
- Appreciating and accepting themselves totally
- Girls know and practice self-care
- Girls gain new skills and techniques in caring for their emotional, physical, spiritual and mental well being
- Girls gain an increase in self-esteem and confidence that help them explore their individual leadership tenacities.
- Supporting girls to be mentally well